Az104 — Application Insights
· Application Insights, a feature of Azure Monitor, is an extensible Application Performance Management (APM) service for developers and DevOps professionals.
· It monitors live web applications and you can enable it for many Azure App Service web apps without modifying any of the app’s code.
· Application Insights also works for apps on a wide variety of platforms including .NET, Node.js, Java, and Python hosted on-premises, hybrid, or any public cloud.
· By viewing an Application Insights resource in the Azure portal, you can visualize the telemetry captured from your app in a variety of ways.
· Live metrics streams: Charts that display performance values as they vary in near-real time.
· Metrics explorer: Tool that shows how metrics vary over time.
· Alerts: Messages automatically sent to app admins when target metrics exceed specified thresholds. You can use alerts to ensure your team is aware of critical issues immediately.
· Profiler: Shows how a set of requests, like those for a single web page, were delivered. You can use these profiles, for example, to see which page elements load slowly.
· Application Map: Displays the components of an application and how they link to each other. You can use the data shown with each component to diagnose performance bottlenecks and failure hotspots.
· Usage analysis: Information about your app’s users. For example, you can see numbers of unique users and sessions and information about user retention.